Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Author: Vegetarian Times
- 2 12-ounce jars roasted red bell peppers, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ Cup(s) prepared salsa or picante sauce
- ⅔ Cup(s) reduced-fat or regular sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- ¾ Teaspoon(s) sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon(s) salt
- Pat rinsed peppers between paper towels; transfer to food processor. Process until pappers are finely chopped; set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook. Stirring, until the garlic is softened, but not brown, about 2 minutes. Add the chopped peppers and salsa, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and flour and mix well. Add to sauce with sugar and salt; reduce heat to low and cook 8 minutes, stirring frequently. The sauce may be served immedately, covered and refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen up to 3 months.
- Makes about 3 cups or six ½-cup servings