Brie Baked with Applies and Cranberries
Author: Maureen McCollum
- ½ Cup(s) Chopped apple
- ¼ Cup(s) Cliced Natural Almonds
- ¼ Cup(s) Dried Cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon(s) packed brown sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1 round 4 inches in diameter Brie cheese
- Use Toasted French Bread or Crackers for Serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.
- Cut Brie in half horizontally. Place one half of Brie, rind side down on an oven-save serving dish. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt.
- Serve with toasted French bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers.
- If using a larger diameter Brie, just double or triple the apple mixture.