- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil $
1 red bell pepper, chopped $
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice $
- 2 tablespoons orange juice $
- 3/4 teaspoon salt $
- 2 ripe avocados, diced $
- 1. Sauté first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until corn is slightly golden. Remove from heat; let cool.
- 2. Stir together corn mixture, bell pepper, and next 6 ingredients. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes. Stir in avocado just before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Badia Fajita Seasoning.
Michael Russo, Lafayette, Louisiana, Southern Living