Balsamic Marinara Sauce
Author: Vegetarian Times
- 2 Tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 ounce can pureed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ Teaspoon(s) sugar, or to taste
- ½ Teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over meadium-high heat. Add the onion, and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook stirring, 1 minute. Add all of the reaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered adn stirrin
- g frequently, for 15 minutes. Serve over hot pasta. The sauce may be refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen up to 3 months.